Earth Day is observed every year. After a few days, we understandably forget about our planet, being surrounded by our busy schedules. Most of the time, we leave the activities to volunteers or charitable organizations. But with just a little conscious effort, we too can do our bit to care for our planet. A little background about this day will help us get off to a good start…
What is Earth Day?
Earth Day is a special day observed the world over to create awareness for the Earth’s environment and to encourage conservation efforts. It was instituted in the United States in 1970 by Senator Gaylord Nelson for this purpose. Earth Day is ‘celebrated’ on 22nd April every year. In 1990, it was taken international, and today, more than 500 million people in 175 countries observe Earth Day. (Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Day). Earth Day Network estimates that more than a billion people will participate in this year’s Earth Day. Why not join them?
How you can add value to this Earth Day
- Get more information: Learn more about the our planet’s environment and why we need to protect it. Read articles, view videos and check out what real people like you have done to make our world cleaner, greener or safer to live in. Some good resources are Greening Your Business, 101 ways to conserve resources, 100 Ways You Can Save the Earth. Share your learning with your family members, friends, neighbors, colleagues and others in your sphere of influence.
- Study your industry’s eco-friendly best practices: Study ways that other organizations in your industry have adopted to go green and reduce carbon footprint. You too could follow in their footsteps (or footprints!). Organizations that use eco-friendly business practices are considered progressive. Your green initiatives could also be communicated to your prospects and existing customers. Customers often prefer doing business with such companies.
- Practise the 3 R’s of resource conservation: Reduce your organization’s consumption of nonrenewable resources. Reuse material when you can, rather than throw it away after its intended use. Collect all material that can be recycled and send it to agencies that undertake recycling activities in your area. Learn more about the 3 R’s. Practising these 3 R’s will help you lower your carbon footprint.
- Consume less paper: Digitize your paper archives and scan all your current documents. Desist from printing or copying documents unless absolutely necessary.
- Switch to electronic document management: Enterprise software like Globodox makes scanning and managing paper documents extremely simple. Not only is it eco-friendly, it is highly cost-effective too. Read the white paper Measuring ROI on a Document Management System to know just how much.
This Earth Day you can make a conscious effort to change for better the way you work. By using the tips discussed above, your organization can stand out as one that fulfills its corporate social responsibility creatively. Globodox is an important tool that helps you do so.
Download Free White Paper
What makes GLOBODOX a complete document management system?
Try Globodox FREE for 30 days!
ITAZ support is highly responsive and very knowledgeable, and there is also even enthusiasm in ITAZ to take suggestions from its users to further enhance the product. For anyone seeking a paperless solution, medical or otherwise, Globodox is the answer.
— , New Jersey