Here is the big news many of you were waiting for…
Version 8 of Globodox is live and available for immediate download!
This is among the biggest version releases in the history of Globodox.
Highlights of what’s added in Version 8
- The Globodox Web Client now supports mobiles devices such as smart phones and tablets (iPads, Android Tablets etc.). If your Globodox web client installation is accessible over the Internet you can now access your documents from the road using almost any mobile device.
- Globodox can now be downloaded, installed and used on Windows 8 machines too! It also supports Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012.
- You can scan both sides of a document or stack of documents even if your scanner does not support duplex scanning. We have made this possible by introducing the Virtual Duplex Scanning mode.
- We have also simplified the scanning window to make the scan process even easier now.
- Adding multiple documents with common indexing and other information? Globodox 8 lets you update the information for multiple documents together in a single batch.
- Some of the other additions: Now you can block the indexing of a document if it’s too large or for any other reason. You can rename tags just like you rename folders. You can configure Globodox to auto-save a document’s indexing information if you made any changes to it. Have a document that’s not clear but can be updated with a touched-up hard copy? Now simply choose the Replace Document by Scanning option and make the document more workable. Furthermore, from version 8, Globodox can also preview MS Outlook messages. Privileges for Roles can now be managed in bulk.
If you’re already using Globodox, wait for the next post for details about upgrading to version 8.
Not part of the Globodox family?
Download Free White Paper
What makes GLOBODOX a complete document management system?
Try Globodox FREE for 30 days!
The Itaz support team has been exceptional. Their quick responses, personal emails and follow ups to the few issues I’ve encountered have always been much more than I expected. Any time there has been an issue they have quickly fixed the problem and updated the entire application with new code to totally address the issue.
— , USA